To make it easier to get news and announcements out to the members of the Troop, Troop 85 runs an announcement mailing list, Troop85-L (aka “the blaster”). Posts to Troop85-L must be approved by a moderator, as must all subscriptions.
If you’d like to subscribe to Troop85-L, just visit the list homepage and click the “Subscribe” link on the left side of the page. Your e-mail address will never be given to anyone outside of Troop 85.
If you want to unsubscribe from Troop85-L, you can log into the list homepage and click the “Unsubscribe” link. You can also follow the directions at the bottom of any Troop85-L message and send a blank e-mail from your address to troop85-l-unsubscribe [at] troop85bsa [dot] us.
In addition to the main troop announcement list, the Troop also runs several e-mail discussion lists. Subscriptions to these lists are moderated, but members of these lists can post new messages without moderation. Currently, Troop 85 hosts the following e-mail lists:
- Committee-L. E-mail list for committee members. Other interested adults are welcome to subscribe.
- Scoutmaster-L. E-mail list for the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters. Other interested adults are welcome to subscribe.
- BWCAW-L E-mail list for participants in Troop 85’s 2009 trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- SummerCamp-L E-mail list for planning and information about Troop 85’s summer camp trips.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to any of these lists, visit the appropriate list homepage and follow the directions provided for Troop85-L
Setting Up New Mailing Lists
If you are a Troop 85 member and need a mailing list set up for a group of people, contact Mr. Zach Heaton with your name, the reason you want a mailing list, and the names and e-mail addresses of the people who should be added to the list.
Several ground rules apply for all mailing lists:
- Mailing lists are only available for Troop-related, Scout-related, or St. Luke-related activities.
- A Scout is Courteous. The posting inappropriate material (vulgarity, insults, spam, etc.) to the mailing lists will not be tolerated.
- Two-Deep Leadership. Scout-run and Scout-moderated mailing lists (e.g. a mailing list for a patrol) are perfectly acceptable, but there will be at least two adult leaders subscribed to each mailing list at all times.